Sunday, April 18, 2010

not your typical day........

First off I need to state that my husband always almost always gets up before me, except when I have to go to work.This morning I woke up and seen he wasn`t here. The truck was still in the driveway and his phone and wallet was still here, I step outside and heard a gobbler and hollered for him. It was still alittle dark outside, the sun was coming up.I looked again in the house and looked outside again, this had been about 30 minutes, needless to say I was worried and I had no idea where he went, he didn`t leave a note or wake me up to say he was going for a walk.....Here he comes in about an hour later and states he was in the woods playing with a gobbler,I told next time please leave a note, so I will know where u are at.


Met my mom at the county line swap meet today, she has canna bulbs to sell.I bought me 2 buff orphington hens, paid 7.00 a piece for them, got a book about Della Reese, it is her autobiography,She was on Touched by an Angel show,which I wish they would put back on TV.Yesterday mom had went to the farmers marget and sold all of the canna bulbs she had brought with her.I seen some chickens there, standard size cochins ,which I would love to have a start of, but the chickens didn`t have good feathering on the feet , so I didn`t get them.Before I left the countyline swap meet mom had sold all of the bigger bulbs of the cannas she had and still had quite a few of the smaller ones left.
I put the 2 hens that I had bought with my lone welsummer rooster that I had left over from last years hatch.Which I had named corn flake, he sure was struting around after I put the 2 hens in there. One of the hens my youngest has claimed.She has named it her blossom ,the oldest just spoke up and named the other hen angel.Not all of my chickens are named.I do have a rooster named buddy and one of his hens is named indian.I have one hen who is named zilla, short for godzilla ,since she is a mean hen, she beats up any other chicken I put with her.I don`t know what kind she is .
I got a dozen eggs yesterday,4 of them from the cochins.The other ones came from the welsummer pen and the What I called my easter egger pen, which has clored egg layers as well as white and brown egg layers.

1 comment:

  1. Chickens are addictive! There are so many kinds...I want one of them all!

    ReplyDelete