Tuesday, January 26, 2010

We had a few snow flurries on saturday ,but none stuck to the ground. Today the sun is shinning, about 35 degrees, and wind howling outside the window.The sun makes it look warmer then it really is, lol.
I went to town today and seemed like everyone was at the local feed store getting their feed for the animals before the storm hits thursday. I seen a car back out by the loading dock, so I pulled in her spot, I got out of the car and a lady had pulled up beside me in a pickup, and said "I was waiting for her to backout so I can pull in there I wasn`t wanting u to pull in there", I looked at her and said I am sorry and GOD bless you!!!!
The girls have another game to cheer for tonight, they are playing a little town called Thornfield.
I got rid of two extra drakes today, a quacker, which I was hoping would be a hen , no a drake(cayuga cross), and a muscovey drake(oddball)-he was related to all my hens, so I am now looking for another muscovey drake, hoping to find a solid white one.
I am thinking about the end of feburary, first part of march getting the incubators up and running again.That way I will have baby chicks at the end of march. It won`t be so cold on them.If my hens aren`t laying by then I will probably be buying hatching eggs from someone.I seen some on craigslist that were beautifull, Black maran eggs, they were darker then my welsummers.He also had some that was cross with black marans.Right now I am only getting an egg from my silkies(red), which I have thinking I need more of, since they have been laying all winter long, every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment