Sunday, January 31, 2010

White Nut Loaf

I also got this recipe from the Kansan silver spoon cookbook of 1967.I am trying these recipes in these papers, Thinking maybe might make a book to sell to help the leukemia and lymphoma society.But I don`t know. This all started because of my mom wanting to of these recipe typed off, since the papers aren`t in good shape, some edges are frayed.The names of people are from the ones that sent the recipe in.


White Nut Loaf
Mrs. Earl Hedstorm
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons shortening, soft
1 egg
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cups flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup nutmeats (I used walnuts)
Grease laof pan. Mix sugar, shortening and egg. Stir in milk. Sift flour and baking powder and add nutmeats. Pour into pan and let stand 20 minutes. Bake 60 to 70 minutes at 350 degrees. Chopped raisins or maraschino cherries may be added to mixture before baking.

* It took 60 minutes for this bread to cook, I added raisins that I didn`t chopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment